Sustainable development policy
Sustainable development is a type of development that answers to immediate needs without compromising future generations to answer to their own needs.
Camping Aventure Mégantic is a company located in Frontenac in the MRC du Granit which opened its doors in May 2015. This campground offers 176 sites for visitors, seasonal and ready-to-camp. In addition, several entertainment activities and events are organized there 12 months a year.
Mission, vision and values
To offer a tourist clientele a multi-purpose vacation resort in a vast quality environment that respects the protection of natural environments, which promotes the development of the community as well as a diversified offer of activities throughout the 'year.
Offer high-quality standards to our clients, and become a leader in the industry by maintaining our high standards, all while maintaining our 5-star certification.
FAMILY, cleanliness of the resort, outstanding customer service, resting area, vacation spirit.
Our organization has many challenges to overcome. One of which touches the issue of human resource management, mainly related to the job description and the implementation of management tools regarding the employee’s work. Moreover, the business will have other challenges to overcome regarding healthy residual-material management, as well as our orientation towards being a sustainable organization.
Elements in place
- Management of energy costs on the user-pays model;
- Installation of measures to reduce water consumption (motion detectors, push buttons, toilets with small tanks, dry urinals, etc.);
- Annual training given to employees, particularly in CPR;
- Employee Handbook and Appraisal System;
- Emergency Response Plan Manual;
- Organized social activities for employees and campers;
- Annual comparative analysis with its sector of activity;
- Customer Satisfaction Policy;
- Presence and visual identification of recovery infrastructures including hazardous materials;
- Existence of a place dedicated to the recovery of hazardous materials for customers with identification on the plan;
- Water reuse system for slides and water games;
- Rainwater harvesting system for slides and water games;
- Bioenergy heating system for aquatic facilities and community building;
- Lighting management with motion detectors in public areas;
- Pay attention to light pollution;
- Use of solar light for street lighting;
- Use of recycled paper for pamphlets and guide to campers;
- Use of electric carts for movement on the site;
- Landscape integration of buildings;
- Mission – vision and values are defined;
- Distribution of a GMR awareness brochure available to customers;
- Holding of two annual events for the benefit of a cause;
- Held a workshop on the 3 Rs given to employees;
- Continuous customer survey and presence of a suggestion box;
- Certified "Welcome to cyclists";
- Certified "ISO-Family";
- Certified “Kéroul”;
- Use of wholesale and Eco Logo certified cleaning products;
- Electronic thermostat installed everywhere with programming of the temperature drop during the night;
- Business involvement in local organizations;
- Participation in a prevention mutual and presence of a defibrillator;
- Recovery system for packaging products for campfire wood;
- Interpretation trail of the constellations in our hiking trails;
- Use of recovered products for entertainment activities;
- Presence on the Vaolo web platform which highlights responsible tourism initiatives.
Elements of the action plan for development
- Include the SD in the internal communications.
- Include the SD in the external communications.
- Human resource management
- The sustainability of the organization through innovation.
- Good procurement practices.
- Energy management in the company.
- Residual material management.
- Water management
- Greenhouse gas management
- Environmental management of the company.
The Camping Aventure Mégantic’s management team is committed to execute the actions targeted in the action plan, in an aim to support continuous improvement of the company towards sustainable development.