Sustainable development policy
Sustainable development is a type of development that answers to immediate needs without compromising future generations to answer to their own needs.
Camping Aventure Mégantic is a company located in Frontenac in the MRC du Granit which opened in May 2015. This campsite offers 168 sites for visitors, seasonal and ready-to-camp. In addition, several entertainment activities and events are organized there 12 months a year.
Mission, vision and values
Offer a multi-purpose leisure destination for everyone, in a vast, high-quality environment, as well as a wide range of activities all year-round.
Offer high-quality standards to our clients, and become a leader in the industry by maintaining our high standards, all while maintaining our 5-star certification.
FAMILY, cleanliness of the resort, outstanding customer service, resting area, vacation spirit.
Our organization has many challenges to overcome. One of which touches the issue of human resource management, mainly related to the job description and the implementation of management tools regarding the employee’s work. Moreover, the business will have other challenges to overcome regarding healthy residual-material management, as well as our orientation towards being a sustainable organization.
Elements in place
- Energy cost management based on the user-payer model;
- Installations aimed at reducing water consumption (motion detectors, push buttons, small tank toilets, dry urinals, etc.);
- Annual training given to employees, particularly in CPR;
- Social activities organized for employees and campers;
- Annual comparative analysis with its sector of activity;
- Our customer satisfaction policy;
- The presence and visual identification of recovery infrastructure including hazardous materials;
- The existence of a place dedicated to the recovery of hazardous materials for customers with identification on the card;
- The water reuse system for slides and water games;
- Lighting management with motion detectors in public areas;
- Attention to light pollution with solar powered street lights;
- The use of electric carts for trips on the site;
- Landscape integration of buildings;
- Mission – vision and values are defined;
- Holding two annual events to benefit a cause;
- Continuous customer survey and presence of a box to suggestion;
- Certified "Welcome to cyclists";
- “ISO-Family” certified;
- Promotes the use of wholesale and Eco Logo certified cleaning products;
- Electronic thermostat installed everywhere with programming of the temperature drop during the night;
- Offer of a free shuttle service to customers between the campsite and the golf club;
- The characterization of natural environments;
- Business involvement in local organizations;
- Participation in a prevention mutual and presence of a defibrillator;
- Use of recycled paper for flyers.
Elements of the action plan for development
- Include the SD in the internal communications.
- Include the SD in the external communications.
- Human resource management
- The sustainability of the organization through innovation.
- Good procurement practices.
- Energy management in the company.
- Residual material management.
- Water management
- Greenhouse gas management
- Environmental management of the company.
The Camping Aventure Mégantic’s management team is committed to execute the actions targeted in the action plan, in an aim to support continuous improvement of the company towards sustainable development.